We thank you Lord for Hon. Doug Griffiths.
Please bring him the wisdom he needs today to accomplish everything he has to
do. We pray that he would be able to work unhindered and achieve his goals.
Bless him whether he is in session in Caucus, in his office or with his family.
In Jesus name, Amen
first elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta at the age of
29 for the constituency of Wainwright in a by-election on April 8, 2002. He was
re-elected to the Legislature to represent the constituency of Battle
River-Wainwright on November 22, 2004, March 3, 2008, and for a fourth term on
April 23, 2012.
Griffiths was named Minister of Municipal Affairs, a position he was originally
sworn into in October 2011.
appointments include serving as parliamentary assistant for the Department of
Finance and Enterprise and as parliamentary assistant to the Minister of
Agriculture and Rural Development. He also served on the following committees:
- Standing Committee on Public Safety and
- Standing Committee on Health
- Public Accounts
- Standing Committee on the Economy
- Alberta Grain Commission (vice-chair)
- Private Members Business House Strategy
- Standing Policy Committee on Energy and
Sustainable Development (chair)
- Rural Development Strategies Task Force
- Agenda and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Economic
Development and Finance
- Standing Policy Committee on Agriculture and
- Learning Alberta Steering Committee
- Health Services Utilization and Outcomes
Commission (now called the Health Quality Council)
- MLA Committee on Strengthening Alberta’s Role
- Standing Committee on Public Accounts (deputy
- Standing Committee on Resources and
Member of the Legislative Assembly, Mr. Griffiths received an honours degree in
philosophy and a degree in education, both from the University of Alberta.
During the three years prior to his election he taught at Byemoor School, where
he was nominated every year for an award in teaching, once for the Edwin Parr
Award and twice for the Pan Canadian Student Choice Award.
his wife, Sue, have two boys, Austin (born December 2005) and Brady (born
May 14, 2012